Saturday, April 4, 2009

Almost scammed!

How scary is that? Some VERY RUDE dude just called my house!! He tried to get me to believe that I had charged $500+ on a credit card from a bank I have nver heard of. He then told me that because we have never paid we now owe over $2,000. I stayed very nice & asked him the socoial security number & he, of course, told me the wrong last 4 of Joe's SS. When I told him he was wrong he got really rude & gave this whole schpeel about how no one will ever admit to it being correct, blah, blah, blah. I told himtaht I had not been rude to him, so there was no reason he was being rude to me. Then I asked him for the previous info he had on file. It was a Las Vegas phone #, and that on whatever date they were told not to call Joseph A. Smith at work. I said "Whoa, what middle initial do you have?" He repeated the "A." Then I said that on that date only two years ago, my husband worked in Illinois & has never resided outside of the states of Illinois. The guy hung up on me. He wasn't gonna win his battle of trying to get MY info over the phone. When he hung up on me I knew it was a scam! So watchout peoples, scams are on the rise with this economy.

No comments: