...just have one of those days where NOTHING seems to go right? Yesterday was that day!! Actually, it started Thursday night. Joe went to the pharmacy to get our boys blood pressure medicine and they tell him that our insurance had been cancelled...since APRIL 30th!!! Huh? We had no idea, AT ALL, especially since they covered it in May!! Talk about being MAD & freaked out!! Hello, I am 2 1/2 weeks away from having a c-section here people!! Since it was 8:45 in the evening we couldn't call anyone right then to figure out what was going on. Since Joe is in the union, so much per hour worked pays for your insurance. Well, thanks to his former pot head boss, he got laid off for something that was out of his control (but that is a whole other story I won't get into). That then means no money is going towards the cost of insurance. We knew, at some point, we would have to pay for our insurance premiums. We never got a letter so we assummed (you know what that means) that we were good...at least for a bit. Nope...not good!! So Friday morning I call the benfits office & I first told them that I couldn't get our kids BP meds because they said our insurance as cancelled. The woman was SO RUDE to me. I don't get it, I was nice to her. I'm sure she could hear the concern and/or frustration in my voice, but I was still nice. She immediatly got snippy with me, telling me that they sent us a letter on May 22nd...that is still 22 days AFTER our insurance was cancelled!!! I said to her "I'm sure you did, but we did not get it." I just had some questions in reagrds to if we should keep the insurance or go on the Cobra plan that is 1/3 the cost for 9 months. Hello? My hubby is laid off, I have 3 kids at home the fourth on the way...what would you do? The bad part about Cobra is that once Joe goes back to work he will have to work 375 consecutive hours to be eligable again, so we will have to continue to pay for the Cobra even thogh he is back working. The whole thing is so frustrating, just for the fact that those ladies were so rude!! I mean, come on, put yourself in my shoes. WOuldn't you be freaked out? Praise God, the women at the Cobra insurance place were so darn nice to me!! God knew I needed that!! Had they been rude I would have had a nervous breakdown yesterday!! So then we decide to drive to Oakbrook & get our payment in ASAP, so that our insarance will be back dated sooner. It took us 2 hours & 45 minutes to go 50 miles!! We were fit to be tied. The drive home was MUCH better, but man talk about a waste of a day!!
So just pray for us, for guidance in the steps ahead!!!
Park City Utah
4 years ago



2 comments:
Prayers my friend
Andrea, I'm so sorry to hear about this rough patch you are going through. You and your family are in my prayers!
Post a Comment