Tuesday's news isn't much different that Monday's news. I did find out that the doctor said she needs to be urinating about 10 times more than she is now. YIPES!! That seems like so much, but it is what it is! I have decided to just pump today so I can see exactly how much she is taking in. We are on a two hour schedule and I am trying to get 2 ounces in her at each feeding. So far so good. Hopefully it continues. Keep praying for pee!!
Norah's phophates are still high, but they are improving. Her calcium is getting high so they have to back off on the calcium carbonate they have been giving her to lower her phosphates. Otherwise all of her labs look good. Creatinine is hanging out at 1.7, and will probably stay there until she starts urinating. Dialysis can only do so much on its own.
She continues to lose weight, and that is another reason for pumping & feeding her with a bottle. We have no idea how much she is getting when I nurse, so this will be a better option for many reasons. She came in the hospital weighing 16 lbs 15 ounces & she is now down to 14 punds 7 ounces!!! That is too much for a little girl to lose!
Blood pressures continue to be a bit too high, but they are messing with her meds to try and get them where they want them. They aren't overly worried, but they do need it to be under control, and at least constant. Yesterday they increased her hydralazine dose, so they will give it a couple of days and see what happens.
Well, she just woke up from her nap...off to get her another 2 ounces!!!
If I am repeating myself, ever, I apologize...it is hard to keep this straight some days!!!
Park City Utah
4 years ago



1 comment:
Never every apologize! You are an amazing mommy and I think it is wonderful you are journaling this journey. Sweet Norah will read back on this someday and think my poor mommy I had her worried sick about me! Pryaing for your family everyday! Sending you lots of love and hugs!!!!
Post a Comment