Scrapbooking is such a wonderful component to each of our lives. It is something that we all share in common. We all have different styles that make each of us unique. We all have various reasons that we got into scrapbooking. For me, I wanted to be able to record as many memories as possible for my children and for their children, etc. I got started into scrapbooking in the Spring of 2001. Creative Memories is what got me hooked. I, instantly, fell in love with the process and it has been downhill (or is it uphill) since then!! :o)
For National Scrapbooking Day the design team, hosted by Life Preservers wanted to bring a little extra excitement to the day. We have partnered up amongst ourselves to provide you with challenges. The good thing about Spring is there are so many different reasons to celebrate in addition to National Scrapbook Day.
Melissa and I have teamed up for a super fun challenge!!! Her part of the challenge is to scrap why you scrap. It's National Scrapbook day, so we thought this was important. My part, for you, is to have a home-made embellishment. It can be one of them or ten, whatever you wish!!! Here is my example...
(journaling reads: Why do I scrap? There are so many reasons. It is my creative outlet, my sanity, my peace. Scrapping takes me a way to another place, away from the stresses of life! It makes me a happier mom, a nicer wife!) :o) I also scrap for my kids. I want them to remember their childhood. I want them to know more than just holiday memories. I want Ethan to know that this was the 1st time he had coffee and that he liked holding the mug more than the drink. I want Chase to remember just how much he adored Lady Jane. I want Rowan to remember how much she loved her tu-tu dress and how she was so excited to have it on. I want Norah to know that this was her first ring pop, and yes she was too young for it. It was Easter & I needed time & so a ring pop she got! ~ya know, all those little things. I want you to know!)
All you have to do to participate in this blog hop is to visit the Design Teams blogs. Do the challenge posted and link your creation to their comments. You can link this from your gallery on Life Preservers if you would like. There will be links to follow on each of our blogs. Make sure you comment on each DT blog with your creation if so applicable. For each challenge that you do you will be entered into a random drawing for a prize from Life Preservers.
Thank you so much for participating in Life Preservers first annual NSD Blog Hop. Please hop on over to Laura-Lee's to see what else is in store for the hop. "
p.s. for every comment left on my blog I will do a random drawing for a RAK!!!! Fun times girls!!!



15 comments:
What an adorable layout! The journaling is sooo touching!!
Love it, teammie! You rock!
Adorable page! I think many of us had the brilliant idea to use that mini in our examples! I love the challenge!
Wow, this looks so fun!! Great blog post Andrea! ;)
I can't think of any better reasons to scrap Andrea. Your page expressed it beautifully!
I really love your journaling I can hear you saying it as I read. Sweet, endearing and witty all at the same time.
This is so very sweet Andrea!! Love your page and the journaling!!!
Nice job Andrea! Great photos and you did a wonderful job with the LP mini kit!
Thanks for the challenge. Here is the link to my page.
http://lifepclub.invisionzone.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=10517
Thanks again Andrea - here's my linky: http://lifepclub.invisionzone.com/uploads/1272573945/gallery_2192_191_968634.jpg
Andrea, love your layout with the mini kit....perfect for those pictures of the kids. And your journaling was wonderful.
Andrea,
Happy National Scrapbook Day! Happy Birthday, Rowan! I love your challenge and layout!I am blog hopping by! Kimber
Great challenge!! I'm going to go and work on it now, so that I can hopefully make the deadline:)
Such a sweet page!
Here's the link to mine:
http://wanitasblogspot.blogspot.com/2010/05/national-scrapbooking-day.html
Here is my layout for the blog hop[URL=http://lifepclub.invisionzone.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=10525][IMG]http://lifepclub.invisionzone.com/uploads/1272573945/gallery_2376_215_115162.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Kimber
Post a Comment