Friday, May 7, 2010

Show us your life, baby names

So, I love to read Kelly's korner blog every day!!  She is the sweetest southern girl!  I've been reading since I was told about her baby girl being in the hospital right after birth!  Anyway, every Friday she does a show us your life post.  I thought I'd join in this time!

Joe and I had never really talked about names. We both knew we wanted kids, but figured we would cross the name bridge when it came. I had some picked out though...just never spoke them!

Ethan Joseph - When I found out I was pregnant with Ethan it was shock.  We were not planning to have a baby so soon after marriage, but God had other ideas for us!!  It turned out wonderfully, and we had a beautiful baby boy.  Picking out names was pretty easy.  Joe asked what I liked.  I said Ethan or Ian.  Joe liked Ethan so it was settled.  Then the middle name was automatically going to be Joseph after Joe, of course!! 
Had Ethan been a girl, her name would have been Ryleigh Noelle That is also the name Chase would have been had he been a girl!!  I just loved that name, no special meaning.  Though, I do have a great aunt & uncle who's last name is Riley!! 

Chase Michael-  Once again, we had a very easy time choosing Chase's name.  I am so thankful that we can agree so easily on the names of our kids.  I don't know how some people can have given birth and still not know what to name their child.  I do remember though, changing my mind for a day or so at the hospital & wanting to name him Grayson.  I thought it would be cool since my mom & stepdad's last name is Gray!   Joe said "No, we already agreed on Chase, that is his name!"  HA!  I am happy though, still love the name Chase!  Michael is Joe's brother's name, though he isn't officially named after Mike.

Rowan Margaret-  This was a little harder.  We were going to find out what we were having this time.  I was bored of Ryleigh by this time, so we were trying to come up with something different, but not weird that would go with Smith.  It also, had to be 5 letters long, since the boys both had 5 letter names.  That part was just my weird thing, not Joe's!!   At first I REALLY wanted the name Aylah, but Joe didn't want it, and my family made it pretty clear they didn't like it either.  I still love that name!!  Then, Donna, that I work with was reading Brook Shield book & mentioned the name Rowan.  At first I thought, no way, but the more I thought about it, the more I loved it!  Joe wasn't thrilled at first, but I kept calling her Rowan, and it eventually grew on him!! Margaret is after one of the most important women in my life...my dad's mom.  My grandma Swim;  her first name.  My sister wasn't too happy.  She wanted her middle name to be Elyse after her!  I promised her if I ever had another girl, I would!!

Norah Elyse- Norah was almost given to Rowan last minute in the hospital.  I never mentioned it to Joe, knowing he wouldn't go for a last minute name change! HA!!  It was just a name that I have always thought was beautiful.  It is kind of old fashioned & it went perfect with Elyse after my sister!!  I love that it isn't overly common either!!  No last minute name changes were wanted with her name!!!  I LOVE this name!!! 

I love all of my kids names!!!!

2 comments:

Sarah Ann said...

You guys did a great job!! I especially love the name Norah!!
Cute Blog!

Beth McC. said...

What a fun post! I love all your baby name picks! My friend just named her sweet baby boy Ethan so I am a little partial to that name!! Your blog is too cute! Hope you have a great weekend!