Monday, October 18, 2010

Scrappin' and hayrides & Stiles, oh my!!!

This weekend was a blast!!!  It started out with a whole lot of scrapping at Life Preserver's.  We had our Harvest Your memories crop.  Want to join in?  There is still time!  You have until Wednesday to complete the challenges & be eligible for prizes from our DT!! 
I hosted 2 challenges and a make & take. One challenge was to use photo inspiration to jump start a LO.
My next challenge was a color challenge.  You had to use 4 Halloween colors...no other rules.
My make and take was on how to make hair clippy's for little girls, or big girls!!  I'll have to post those directions later, when I have more time!!!
Here are the other LO's I got finished!!
Chris' early bird sketch:
Melissa's strip journaling (no you do not strip while you journal, you cut your journaling into strips...HA!)
Laura Lee's- it's all about the food challenge:

Last, but not least (of what I accomplished)--Lisa's trick or treat challenge:
Also, on Friday, was the all church hayride & bonfire!!  We went to Oakvue farms and hung out in the barn and around the bonfire.  It was nice to do something wholesome, as a family, with our church family!!  The kids loved the hayride & the rope in the barn to swing from & land in the hay pile!




Saturday, I went o Kristi's to celebrate her birthday.  She's had a crappy year, so we tried to make it fun for her!!  Shelly brought a long some "fun" stuff!  We talked & laughed for hours!!!  It was me, Kristi, Shelly, Andrea, Keri, Jennifer, Lisa & Katie!!!  I wish I had brought my camera...oh well!

Then to finish the weekend off, Joe & I took the kids to Stile's Pumpkin farm.  It's a small little farm, but it is full of childhood memories for me.  The kids made the best of it & ran around and played.  They had a good time & so did I!!! 

 Picking the witches noses!!!  haha
 Tin man, Chase's friend...so he says!












 Is this a chicken or a duck?
 Notice the guy with the pink spot on his head??  He has no eyes...poor guy!

That's it for my weekend!!!  I think it was plenty busy & kept my mind off of the crappier things we have going on!!!  Here's to a great week!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

What a great time your family had... thanks for the pics. I'd love to see how you scrap the boy swinging, lol

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

What beautiful and fun fall photos! I love all the layouts you were able to complete for the crop, as well!