Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New plans

There are new things to try today...

Norah's counts are still holding steady.  She is still a bit anemic, but her plateles are continuing to go up.  They are up to 180,000.  Her creatinine has gotten a touch worse, it is now 1.04, up from .94.  They really think it has to do with her not drinking and urinating much.  She is still really puffy, and so they will try oral Lasix.  It is a diuretic.  Hopefully, that will get her urinating more.  If not, they may have to start a new IV tonight to give her some albumin (protein) through it.  I guess your albumin pulls fluid from the places it shouldn't be, into the places where it should to get it out of her body.  I'm really REALLY really praying that they don't need to start a new IV...yuck!!! 

She is drinking much better today, already.  She has had 5 ounces.  I think she didn't drink much more than that yesterday.  Now, I am trying to get her to eat, but she is jsut staring at me, with her paci in her mouth!  :o)

No comments: