Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas, Christmas, we love Christmas!!!!

We started off our Christmas celebrations Friday evening, December 23rd.  We went to Joe's parents, along with his brother Keith & their family.  We had a great evening.  Lots of cousin love and talking and laughing over the white elephant gifts.  I wasn't so sure how that would go, but we had a good time.  Joe got a Smuckers jelly gift pack!!  HA!!  I got a white kimono (sp?) robe  & a squirrel garden statue!  I knew there would be a squirrel in there somewhere.  The kids were all so excited to start opening presents and to be with their cousins.  
I really tried hard to keep reinforcing the reason for the season this year.  Even Rowan gets it.  Go ahead ask her what happened on Christmas Day all those years ago...she'll tell ya!



 Norah and her monster face.  Thank you grandpa Carlton!! ha ha ha

 Christmas Eve we started our evening off with a candle lit service at church.  It was a great service with lots of singing and a great message.  I got the girls dressed up and the boys looking dapper and off we went.  After church we headed over to the Lee family Christmas Eve tradition and grandma & grandpa Lee's.  It was a quiet year there.  The kids seemed a bit lost without Hailey, Bryan & Samuel, but they faired just fine.  


 We ate and came home for the kids to open their Christmas Eve jammies.  They have it all figured out now, but I keep doing it because I like them to look cute on Christmas morning for pictures!!  HA!!


 Here is that dollhouse I had been talking about.  It turned out beautiful, if I do say so myself.  I don't even know how many hours I poured into that thing.  I love the way it turned out.  So beautiful.  You can't really tell by the picture, but it is a pretty mint green with white & purple accents.  The girls loved opening it.  Norah exclaimed "I LIKE IT MOMMA!"  That was all I needed, it made all of that work worthwhile!  I will admit to a minor amount of help.  Joe did assist me with getting hte top floor perfectly even so the roof would fit & then he shingled the front.  Otherwise this was ALL ME, and I couldn't be more proud & thrilled with the final results!!  I do, now understand why Hobby Lobby charges $330.00 to assemble it!!  Sheesh!!
 We do Santa at our house.  Like I said though, our children know the reason we celebrate Christmas.  Santa is fun though!  Chase got two K'NEX sets.  They are both roller coasters!!  He loves them.  We started building the Viper, not so easy but it is cool looking!
 Rowan got her "American Girl Doll" or Our Generation...whatever!!  ha ha ha
 Ethan got his Optimus Prime. 
 Norah got a Baby Alive, brush your teeth doll, but would not pose for a picture!  Little stinker...she was too interested in the doll house, how could I get mad?!  I did manage this one a bit later.
 Christmas morning we went back to church.  It was hard to go, I will admit.  It wasn't that I didn't want to go, but it was hard to pull the kids away and get moving.  I just kept telling them (myself included), we wouldn't have Christmas if it weren't for Jesus.  We all got dressed up for Jesus & off we went. 
 Our final celebration was at my moms house Christmas Day.  Look at all that loot.  I tell ya, we were all spoiled so much this year.  We really are beyond blessed!
 Norah actually wanted Aunt Meg to hold her!! 
 Gramma Manita being silly with Rowan's headband!!
 Mom & Aunt Char...aren't they cute?
 My favorite...Hulk Hogan T-shirt!  Thanks to my awesome hubby!!!
Are you still here??  Sorry for the long post!!!  Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

No comments: