Monday, August 20, 2007

Argentina

Some friends of ours just got back from a mission trip to Argentina!!! Now I want to go!! They had a wonderful experience. They saw people so poor that the homeless in Chicago look rich, compared to them.

One day, in particular, the children would not sit down to listen to the story for VBS. Noone could figure out why. Come to find out they had put on their very best clothes, and I guess they looked like clothing that most of us wouldn't even donate!!

At VBS the kids were given a coloring page & a small package of crayons to use. They thought they had to give the paper back along with the crayons, and were so ecstatic to know they could bring their paper home. I cannot even imagine my boys giving 2 cents about a coloring page!! They are so spoiled!!

Everyone that went on this trip said they were emabrassed by all of the material possessions they have. They were amazed at how people could survive with so little, and that we always think we need MORE!!! What a humbling experience...even for me just listening to the stories!! Am I spoiled or what??? So now, all of the clothes my kids outgrow I am packaging up to send to Argentina with Eric & Jami's church!

No comments: