Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I've got lots to tell you!!!

I've been a bad blogger lately!!! I have had so much info, but I was too lazy to upload the pics, and well...it just wouldn't be the same with out pics!!!

To start out we will talk about Ethan. He won the Principal's award, last Tuesday, at his school for exceeding his scholastic goals that were set for him at the beginning of the school year!!! This was very exciting for me, but I'm not sure if Ethan really comprehended why he won!! Who cares...momma's happy!!! This is Ethan with the principal...it is Mr. Whitfords last year as our principle & we are sad!!! Then, Friday was his last day of 2nd grade!!! Ethan had an awesome teacher...Mrs. Shogren!! She was so wonderful for me to work with. She saw the good in Ethan!!!!! She helped us to get him the help he needed & I will never be able to thank her enough for that!!!! Here she is!!! The best teacher ever!!!

Also, this past Friday I babysat my neice Hailey & nephew Samuel! I decided to be brave and take FIVE children to feed the ducks at the lagoon in the next town over. The kids always love to do this & it is nice & cheap and keeps them entertained for quite a while...as long as you have enough food!!! It was so super windy that Rowan almost fell into the lagoon in her stroller. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Hailey dive, literally, to grab the stroller before it went in. She made it just in time. The stroller was inches away from tipping in!!! Thank you Hailey!!!

Then, the last thing to happen. Friday was my little sister graduated from High School!! I can't believe it!!! When I graduated she was only 5 years old!!! That makes me feel really old!! HA!!! Anyway, she looked gorgeous & I am so proud of her!! She is going to be going to Western Illinois University. As a matter of fact she is there right now taking placement exams & what not!!


On Saturday we made our first trip to the beach. It was really windy again, but it was beautiful!!! Rowan absolutely loved playing in the sand!!! She ould just dig & dig & dig!! It was the cutest thing!! The boys loved being by the water...the waves were huge...for Lake Michingan. I am nervous nelly so I don't let them go in very far ( to their knees), but they loved it anyway. That lake has HORRIBLE under tows...too many people have drowned, and I'm not gonna have the next one be my kid!! Kwim?? They don't seem to mind though as long as they can run in and out and throw rocks in!!!

That is it!!!! Have a great day & May God Bless you!!!

3 comments:

Jane H said...

Oh my your kids are so grown up! And congrats to your sister!

Unknown said...

YAY Ethan!!!! Congrats to your sister! And Miss Rowan looks absolutely adorable!!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats to Ethan - that is a proud moment for mommy and daddy. Rown looks so adorable and happy at the beach and I love your beach photos! congrats to your sister too...wow, you've had a busy week!