Wednesday, August 26, 2009

One of those days...


...and it started so good!! I got 5 solid hours of sleep, IN A ROW, last night. Got up & got ready and got hte boys off to school. My Mother in law came over to watch the girls so I wouldn't have to get them out in the rain & so I could run a few errands. It was so nice to go out all by myself. shhh....quiet, do you hear that? I love silence every so often. I even rode around with no radio on!! I think I experienced a bit of heaven for that 2 hours.

When I got home Norah was ready to eat, so I nursed her & she went to sleep. Rowan was ready fo rher nap as well. I put them both to bed & decided I would take a nap too. I didn't set an alarm because Norah, typically, only sleeps about 1 1/2 to 2 hours during the day...not today. I woke up at 2:29 pm & Chase gets out of school at 2:25!!! I flew out of the bed, got both girls up, called the school & was there by 2:35!! Luckily we are only 1 1/2 blocks away, but sheesh...it was the FIRST full day of school & I was late!!! I felt rotten! Chase was fine though, but he keeps telling everyone that I forgot him!! HA!!

By the time I get home Norah is screaming of starvation, and I am a nervous wreck. So, I fed Norah. In the meantime Rowan gets a hold of the detangling spray that I JUST bought for her. She, somehow, managed to get it open despite the safetly seal on it, and dumped it all out onto my carpeted stairs. She is lucky that it has no color to it, or I'd of been REALLY REALLY mad!!! I unlatch Norah, go clean it up, Norah begins screaming "I'm hungry momma, come back!" Not really, but it sounds better than just saying she cried. Then I go back to feeding the baby, next thing I know Rowan has a small thing of baby powder & dumps it all over my floor!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I am ready to pull my hair out at this point. I swat her butt & send her up to her room. Do you know how hard powder is to clean up? It does not sweep up, it doesn't vacuum up. No, you have to scrub it up, like wash the floors clean it!! I was not thrilled!

So now, the baby is done eating & back to sleep. I asked the boys if they had homework. They both said "no" so I didn't think much of it since it is the first day. I decide to check anyway, just to be sure...they both lied!!! UGH!! So it begins...already. I asked Ethan about it & he says "No, I don't mom!" I said "You have to read for 30 minutes." He says " I am NOT doing that mom, reading is boring!" I say "Yes, you are, now get it done." So he goes up to his room to get a book and comes back with goodnight moon! Seriously, Ethan, that book will take about 2 minutes to read!!! KIDS!!! Chase even had a quick little worksheet to do. All he had to do was trace & write the numbers 1-10. No big deal?! Yes, it sure was...it took him 30 minutes to do it because he was so mad about the fact tha tI made him sit there & do it!! Why? Why do they make it so difficult? Kids...gotta love 'em, and I do, really I do!!!

4 comments:

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Ohhh... I can SO identify with this! I only have 1 mobile little boy who is just about 2. His little brother who is 6 months is almost crawling... will most likely be moving well by the end of the weekend. My only hope is to get a padlock on my scraproom! Yikes!!

Did you get good pictures of the powder mess?

Elizabeth said...

OMgoodness you have your hands full girl!!

I was thinking about you today and wanted you to know that! I am praying for you and yours!

I tell ya, I don't know how you do it! I give you full kudos mom!!! :)

Hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

You are super mom!! I don't know how you do it! Your kids are so cute!! That picture is awesome!! Hope your weekend is going well. xo

Joyce said...

What a day you had girl!! Ahh You made it through though and it will get better.

I love the picture....Rowan is just doing her own thing!! LOL Too cute!!