Merry CHRISTmas everyone!
We are trying to enjoy our day today & make it fun for the older three kiddos. Last night, I went home while Mom and Terry stayed with Miss. Norah. It was bittersweet...it was nice to be in my own bed, yet sad knowing I would wake up on Christmas morning and Norah would still be in the hospital. Her first Christmas in Children's, that's no fun at all!! Ethan, Chase & Rowan had a great time opening all there gifts this morning. They loved all of them. Ethan even told me that he heard a thud on the roof around 3:30 this morning, so he got up. Joe had to go tell the kids to go back to bed. There was no way we were going to wake Rowan up at that hour!! We got up at 6:30 to let them start opeing there gifts. They were so excited. It is so fun, and warms my heart to see the excitement of Christmas in a child's eyes!
Norah had a very rough evening and night, even today she is just miserable. She has been moaning, tossing, turning, and crying since about 6:30 last night. Even morphine doesn't seem to help much. The doctors are now wondering if she is having some acid reflux. They gave her more morphine and some really potent acid reducer to try to help her. Through the night she began vomiting everything up again, so they switched all her meds back to IV and rectal tylenol. At the moment she is resting comfortably. I am so thankful. It is just so pitiful watching her arch her back & cry in misery. Norah is always so happy and smiley that it pains me to see her like she is right now.
Her labs, this morning, showed her hemoglobin back down to 6.6 and her hematocrit is about 17. Her heart rate was up in the 180-190 range, so they gave her another blood transfusion. She will be getting some fresh frozen plasma later today as well. Hopefully she will start to perk back up again soon. Her kidneys are showing some sign of recovery, thankfully. Her BUN is down from the 100 range, when we got here Monday, to 53 today. I'm not sure what her creatinine is, but it has to be getting better too. Hopefully, she will start urinating soon.
I'll update later if there is any more news!!! I love you all & thank you for supporting us! God is so good, I just know He is carrying us throught his storm right now!
Thank you Jon & Sarah for the gorgeous flowers and teddy bear! The flowers are just beautiful, and I know Norah will love the teddy bear when she is feeling better!



5 comments:
Oh, poor sweet little Norah! I'm sorry she's had a rough night and day. I pray she will do better tonight!!
Andrea, I am in awe of your strength and faith....you have moved me to tears and lifted my spirits through your ordeal....I wish you, baby Norah and your family a beautiful and peaceful rest of Christmas. I am thinking of you guys....thank you for keeping us updated.
{{hugs}} I'm praying for baby Norah and you. Merry Christmas to you and yours and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers even today.
I am brought to tears thinking about how Norah was feeling all night...I am so glad though that she seems to be making more progress. Thank God that there is improvement in her kidney function!!!
Your strength comes from your faith in the God who created beautiful, little Norah....I can just see Him looking on you and Joe and I know he is pleased in how you are honoring Him through all of this.
Keeping you all in my prayers GF!!
Poor baby! Thanks for keeping us updated Andrea. We are here for you!
Post a Comment