Saturday, December 26, 2009

Saturday

Today it seemed like time has slowed down. I think it is because my baby girl pee'd yesterday, so now we just wait for things to heal. We know her kidneys are in working order again, but they are no where near good. Norah has not urinated again, but it will come!

Dr. VanWhy came in today. He thinks that the HUS is stopping now. Norah's creatinine is down from 5.6 on Monday to 3.7 today. YAY!! Her BUN is also down from the 100's to 52! Hemoglobin is up to 9.9 & her Hematacrit is up to 29 I think. No blood transfusions today, and no fresh frozen plasma either. Basically, today was a day to just "manage" Norah's care.

Norah had a great morning and even smiled a couple of times, but as the afternoon came upon us it was very apparent that she was not comfortable anymore. Hillary (one of the greatest nurses ever) gave her some morphine again and that really helped. We are NOT anti drugs here!!! I figure that even if it just gets her to sleep well, she will be better off for it!! She has to rest to heal!!! Hopefully, Norah will be able to sleep well tonight. Her nurse Kristen is on top of her care!

I have to say ALL of these nurses her in the ICU are nothing short of wonderful. Not one of them has been bad!! We have had Mark (our first night). He was awesome. He was so kind and gentle to Norah & to me as well. He promised to video me if I snored and put it on you tube!! HA!! We've also had Erin...amazing, Monica...super sweet, Sara...so funny, Tonya...very very nice, Chelsea...NEVER left Norah's side. She was only out of the room for about 10 minutes on an 8 hour shift!!! We've had Debby, who was super nice, and Jefflyn (nurse intern) who couldn't have been more gentle. I mean, seriously people, the nurses could not be ANY better!!!!

2 comments:

Lisa A. said...

So HAPPY to read that the HUS is stopping now and she is smiling! I'm totally with you on the drug use! From when I was there-you are right about the exceptional nurses there-they have special kind of love for children that no where else has! I cry everytime I read your entries~so I can't even imagine the fear you and Joe are feeling~Stay strong and just know We are praying for her!~L.A.

Joyce said...

Andrea...how wonderful that you have such great care for Norah..

I have to admit I would love to watch that video of you snoring! LOL