Another day at Children's!! We had an uneventful day. Norah reamains stable. Her Hemoglobin & Hematocrit are almost normal, platelets are normal, and kidney functions are stable. The numbers were no better, but they weren't any worse either, so I am okay with that. I would rather they were getting better, but at least they are not worse!
She pee'd again!!! Ahhhh...I love the look of pee in Norah's diaper, and the hot feeling on my leg of her actually "peeing" while I'm holding her!!! ha ha ha She was getting a bit too dry with her dialysis(thus the no pee yesterday), so they had to change the solution today. They didn't want her to get dehydrated all over again. The dialysis is still hourly, 24 hours a day though. She is seeming to handle it better, but it still very tender. I can't hold her more than 10-15 minutes before she starts crying and wants to be laid back down. Anyone that knows my Norah, knows that she is a snuggle bug. I hate not being able to snuggle her. I just wanna squeeze her, hold her close to me and kiss on her chunky cheeks!!
Today, Norah slept almost all day long. This morning, I held her for a bit and tried to feed her. She drank an ounce and it was too much, so she threw it all up. An ounce is, obviously, too much just yet. It is like starting over with a newborn again. She had been drinking 5 ounces, but it has been 2 weeks since she got sick, and hasn't kept anything down, so her stomach has shrunk. We tried an ounce again with the same results, so tonight I gave her 1/2 an ounce and she kept that down. Hopefully, there will be more progress on that front tomorrow!
She still has some congestion going on, but it is all upper airway. Tonight she sounds like she has been smoking for 35 years, when she coughs. It is terrible, but her O2 saturation is good, so at least we know she isn't struggling!
We had lots of company today, and it was such a great distraction. Mom and Terry brought the other kiddos up to visit. It was good to see the little buggars, I really miss them!! Then Kristi, Jennifer, Keri, and Keith and Alice!! It really made the day go much faster. Jennifer thank you so much for the gigantic can of Chai tea!! If there is any left after we get home I will invite you over for a cup!! :o) Kristi, thank you for the puzzle books, scrap magazine, book
& teddy bear for Norah!!! Mom and Terry, thank you for buying dinner, it was fabulous!!! wink wink!! I am so thankful, to God, for giving me such wonderful friends and great family!!! Where would I be with out all of you? I love you all!
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment