My poor baby girl!!! She seems to be destined to have rough Decembers. This is only her 2nd one & it is yucky too!! Not like last years yucky, but it's own kind of yucky!
Monday morning I was making homemade caramel. I, purposely wouldn't pick Norah up. Caramel is so hot, and full of sugar. I didn't want anything to splash on her. Well, it takes about an hour to cook it up to temp, which is 248 degrees. So, I get it all cooked and poured into the pan. I pick her up, she is thrilled. Jumping for joy, in my arms (she loves me). Anyway, I realize that I don 't have a pot holder under my dish. I go to slip one under, real quick, and faster than I can react Norah sticks her hand right into it. Her left hand. She did it so quick, I didn't even have time to react & pull away so she couldn't get her hand in there! I freaked, she freaked. I ran her hand under cool water, got as much of the caramel off, prayed to the good Lord that her skin would not peel off, that she would not need a skin graft, etc. Then I didn't know what to do...I called the doctor, he said to go to ER, called Wanda & Carlton so they could come watch the rest of the kids, and I paced, I tried to console Norah. Nothing worked, she screamed, she thrashed, she fought, it was horrible!! My poor sweet girl, this was all my fault! Had I waited 2 more minutes to pick her up it would have never happened. Both of us were crying.
We got to the hospital (thank you Wanda) all in one piece, while Norah continued to scream & thrash about. They took care of her so fast!! I was really impressed with Vista's ER!! WE were, seriously, in and out in 45 minutes. Norah has 2nd degree burns on her hand. HUGE blisters on two of her fingers, smaller blisters on her thumb & ring finger, and nothing on her pinky. The palm of her hand is okay too! Praise God for the small things!! She doesn't need a graft. She does need TONS of silvadene cream & a monster sized bandage on her daily. The longer we can go without the blisters popping the better, the less the risk of infection. It is healing well, from what I can tell. We go back to see Dr. McCreary on Friday, and will know more then. Please pray for her. Pray for her to heal quick, and to have little to no complications with all of this. Pray for me too, little ones are so fast, but I can't help but to blame myself!!
Here's a few pics so you can see how horrible it really is/was!!
The bandage (aka boxing glove or crawdad)
The top of her hand
The underside
Park City Utah
4 years ago



2 comments:
Poor baby Norah! I feel so bad. Praying she heals quickly.
Poor little thing! That looks sooo painful! I'll pray she feels better very soon!
Post a Comment