Monday, January 10, 2011

'round these parts

We are doing lots of fun projects here in the Smith household!!!  It is so fun!!  I love it!  The first one, that got me motivated, is the sliding door in our dining room.  Joe had replaced it a few years back, but it was a bit smaller than the previous one.  Some repair work was in store due to the drywall not covering over as far.  We hid it behind curtains, for years!!  Recently, Joe decided to go ahead and fix the drywall.  Yesterday he added some texture & paint will happen this week...I hope!! 

The next project is a big ole' room re-do, switcheroo, paint project.  We are switching the boys and the girls rooms.  Rowan's room will be come the boys room & the boys room will become the girls room.    Norah, has been in with Joe and I since she was born.   After she came home from the hospital it was easier to have her crib in by us, rather than in with Rowan.  She wasn't sleeping through the night and we didn't want her disturbing Rowan.  Both rooms are good sized, but the boys room (now) is set up much better to accompany lots of little girl toys (kitchen, baby doll cribs, baby doll nursery, baby doll swing, etc.)  Unfortunately, the closet is a bit smaller, but there are plenty of places to put their clothes if they won't fit in their room.  I got the boys "new" room painted yesterday.  It is a gorgeous blue color.  It reminds me of the ocean!!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
It's hard to tell in this photo, just how vivid the color is!  Believe me, it is super striking!!!  Joe suggested a white chair rail around the room, and trim around the closet!  I love it!!  That will be done this coming weekend...I hope!!

Next, I will be painting the girls "new room."  It is going to be a bright funky raspberry!!  The middle color, or just a tish lighter!


Oooh, and white trim, talk about fun!!!  I am going to make them tie fleece blankets to coordinate with the paint until we can get them big girl beds & comforters to match!!  Joanne's has the most adorable fabric with cute little owls all over it!  I love this kind of stuff!

More pictures to come as the projects are completed!!!

On to other news...
Norah is bandage free!!!  YAY!!  She got to take a bath last night, and was THRILLED!!  She splashed and played for over a 1/2 hour with Rowan.  I think Rowan was just as happy to have her sister in there to play again!!  After over two weeks of being wrapped up, she is free!!!  Her hand looks beautiful, with nice new fresh skin!!!  Praise God!!







No comments: