Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just hangin' out...still

Things are okay around here.  Norah is in pretty good spirits, but I can tell she isn't very happy that we are here, and not at home.  She just stares at each person that comes in, wondering what they will do to her.  She tolerates everyone except for the people from the lab.  When they come in, she starts crying...poor girl!!  I feel bad for her.  She has been getting blood draws twice a day, and on the same spot every time.  They can only do it in her right arm, beacause the IV is running in her left.

Her blood results, from this morning, are okay.  Things aren't really any better, but they aren't any worse either.  Her kidney function is, basically, the same.  Her red blood count is about the same, as well.  That is good news, it means she doesn't need a blood transfusion.  She will not be getting dialysis either.  As long as she continues to urinate, it won't be necessary.  YAY!!! Praise God!!  I am so thankful!!!

Right now, she is sitting in her high chair eating some eggs.  This is a good sign too.  Yesterday she nibbled on bits of things, but wouldn't eat well, at all.  She still won't eat much, but she is trying! Go Norah!!

If I learn anything new,as the day goes on, I will post!

1 comment:

Nate said...

I'm so glad you won't have to worry about dialysis... we'll pray that she'll continue to eat well and urinate. Good job, Norah! :)