Friday, March 11, 2011

We're baaaaaack...and in a holding pattern

Last night, little Miss. Norah was admitted to Children's hospital in Milwaukee.  She had an ear infection that wouldn't go away, and a fever for several days.  You know what that means, right?  HUS is back.  BLAH!!  I hate HUS!!!  She isn't in horrible condition, but she is safer here.  Her creatinine (kidney function) isn't where it should be.  In February, when she was healthy the number was .26.  That is about as perfect as you can get.  Upon admission, last night, it was .82.  Tonight it is .98.  She is still urinating, but not as much as she should be.  Until the numbers start going in the right direction she will be NPO (nothing by mouth) after 2 am.  Once her blood results come back, in the morning, they will decide if she needs dialysis or not.  Noone is too worried, but they want to be prepared so we don't get behind on things.  I like cautious, so that is just fine with me. 

Right now, my little missy is sitting in her high chair playing with daddy.  She is actually drinking some more milk.  Eating, that is a whole other story.  She isn't too interested, but she will nibble, so...I'll take it. 

We are hanging out for the night.  No real news.  I promise to keep you all posted!

Thank you to all of our friends & family that are helping us out!!  You have no idea how much I appreciate it.  I love you all!!!  Keep praying!!

2 comments:

lisa i said...

Up and down, up and down. You are in my prayers. I don't know if I've ever told you the tale of my Gatsby girl and her first years of life, if not someday I will. But know this my friend God loves your children more than you do and He will hold each of them in His hand and someday you too will tell a tale of their lives about what seemed like forever ago.

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.