Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saturday---on Sunday

Saturday was fairly uneventful.  Norah had a decent night sleep, but she did require a bit of oxygen.  The cardiologist decided to do an EKG, to check how her heart was doing during the resting phase of the beat.  It was good, praise God!!!

Her counts were okay...some better, some worse.  Her kidney function test showed higher numbers (lower is better) but they expected that since she was urinating more & so things are less dilute.  Her hemoglobin (blood count) was MUCH better after the transfusion.  It had been 7.4 & with the transfusion it went up to 12.7.  She looks so much better too, nice and rosey cheeks again. 

They changed her blood pressure meds again.  This time to Captopril.  It has protective qualities to it, for the kidneys as well as for the heart.  The only bad thing is that it is 3 times day.  That stinks, but hopefully they change it for when she comes home.

I'll post later today when I hear the newest news!!

I love these kids.  Can't wait to all be back together!!

No comments: