Sunday, May 15, 2011

My poor neglected blog!

I'm so sorry Ms. Blog, I've ignored you for quite some time!!!  I have so much to say, yet when I get here I just stare at the screen!!!  I think I will do a Disney re-cap...day by glorious day!!

Disney World was wonderful.  I really couldn't have asked for a better time.  There were 15 of us...isn't that crazy!?  We even stayed together the entire time!  It worked well.  I'll admit, I was nervous, but I didn't need to be.  Things went swimmingly!!!

We arrived in Orlando, Florida on Saturday evening April 30th.  We didn't get to do any sight seeing that evening.  By the time we got out of the airport & settled into the house it was 8:30 or so.  Then Wanda, Alice & I headed off to the grocery store for food and other essentials. 

Sunday, I will call Day 1.  The first thing on our agenda was breakfast at Ohana in the Polynesian.  It was super yummy and so fun.  They serve food family style there.  They served Hawaiian sweet rolls, Hawaiian juice, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potato wedges (to die for), and Mickey Mouse waffles.  We all left STUFFED!!!  Our breakfast was a character meal.  We got to meet Lilo, Stitch, Pluto, and Mickey.  Other than Rowan getting completely freaked out by Stitch the kids all loved it!  We took lots of pictures & the kids got their autograph books signed!  FUN!!!



After breakfast we headed to Hollywood Studios.  The weather was hot & sunny...couldn't have been better.  We rode a lot, and saw quite a few shows, as well.  My favorite show was The Little Mermaid.  Ariel is so pretty!  Rowan and Wanda loved it too!  My other favorite show was the Muppets 3D.  Hilarious!  Rowan was a bit freaked by the bug that kept jumping out at us.  I kept hearing Wanda laugh, and I thought it was at the show...nope, it was at Rowan.  Every time the bug would fly forward Rowan would jump!!!  :o)





We took advice from several people on things we should do in  Disney.  A couple of those things were Tower of Terror & the Rockin' Roller Coaster.  Talk about FUN!!!  We even got Chase to go on Tower of Terror.  It totally freaked him out, but I was so proud of him for trying it!!!  I loved both of them.  I love that feeling when your stomach drops, and that ride surely makes that happen.  You have NO idea when you will stop.  The RRC was really cool.  It was dark but there were tons of things all black lit & neon, and you had Aerosmith blasting in your ears.  Loved it!

The kids really wanted to do the Jedi training, but we didn't realize that they needed a fast pass for it.  They were gone by the time we got to it.  Oh well, there was plenty of other things to do.  They did get to build their own light sabers though...their first purchase with the loads of cash they got, from grandparents, to spend!!  It was neat for them to do. 

I know there is probably more, but those were the highlights of the day...for me!

No comments: