Friday, July 22, 2011

Be a team and have fun!!!



SUYL - marriage advice.

I'm linking up to Kelly's Korner today for her Show Us Your Life Friday.  Every Friday Kelly links people up to their blogs.  She has had different recipes, crafty goodness, singles, etc.  It is quite fun.  Anyway, you do your own post on it and then link to her blog.  It is an easy way to get to read things you would have not otherwise found.  Kind of fun!!!

Anyway, my marriage advice is this:

BE A TEAM!!!!  If you work together, instead of against each other marriage is so good!!  Joe & I finally figured this out.  It took us several years to realize that we are doing this thing together.  We are never out to annoy the other person.  Regardless, there will always be things your spouse does that will bug you (i.e. wiskers in the sink, coffee drops around the coffee pot, etc).  I mean, I don't annoy him EVER, but you know!!  ha ha ha  Now, if something bugs us we start out with "You know what bugs me?" or "You know what is driving me crazy?"  Then we listen & laugh, and promise to keep doing it over and over.  Okay, not really, but I am trying to be funny here!!  You know your laughing...a little, right?!

HAVE FUN!!!  This one can be hard.  Just take everything in stride.  If Joe or I one, is feeling down about something we will always say "At least we got love!"  It is so true.  We have fun with each other.  There is no other person that could be better for me.  God gave me the perfect husband!  We laugh a lot!!!

Kelly talks about respect too!  I agree 100%.  How can you live with someone & love them with no respect.  It kind of correlates with the team advice.  So lighten up y'all and think about your spouse and his/her feelings!!
Here is the verse God gives us to follow:  
However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. Ephesians 5:33  
Simple right?  Not always!! 



3 comments:

lisa i said...

when we are having trouble communicating we tell each other "you are not my enemy", because really why would I be married to someone I don't like. and the older your children get the more important it is to present yourselves as a tema because man oh man the will try and divide you guys every which way from sunday. if they know early on that what mom says dad supports & vise versa it just makes for one less struggle later on.

Amiee said...

We always remind each other with the words "I don't know much....but I know I love you. And that may be, all I need to know". Thanks for that reminder :)

Unknown said...

Newly of 6 months - I really loved this. I definitely think being a team and understanding what it really means is a strong martial advice for all of us. If you can't be a team in a lifetime partnership, what else can you do?
Life a crazy, stressful life... for sure!

Thank you so much. I will be sharing this next week with my fellow wives in our book study, studying "The Politicially incorrect wife."