Joe & I are heading to Children's today. We will be signing papers to have a Whole Human Genome study done on Norah. I'm nervous, yet so interested to see if they can find where their HUS lies on the DNA. What an amazing thing! Some people are way smart!!! I will admit to being afraid too. What if they find other things? They aren't looking for anything else, but if they do come across any other "treatable childhood illnesses" they have to tell us. I get it, if we can fix it then let's do it. I just keep praying that everything else is good!! I have to get past my fear though. I owe it to my kids to at least allow the geneticists to try and find that gene! This could be huge! This could lead to a cure...who knows!!!
There is also a very real possiblity (sp?) that they will sequence one of the boys. It would make things easier in the sense that they could compare the two. They would both have to have the same abnormality. Interesting!
So...please pray for us, the researchers, geneticists, and anyone else that might be involved!!!
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment