So, little Miss. Rowan did something so amazing!! I'll start at the beginning...
February 7th was the 100th day of school. They have a big celebration about being 100 days smarter. For this day each kindergarten child had to bring in 100 of something. It could be anything...gumballs, buttons, stickers, marshmallows, etc. Rowan had a few ideas but finally decided on raising $100.00 for Atypical HUS. That is the disease that Ethan, Chase, & Norah all have. She thought she could get $1.00 from 100 people. What a great idea!! I was excited. I made her a little sign & took pictures of her holding it, and then created an event on facebook. I'm telling ya, it blew up!! She ended up raising over $300.00 in 24 hours, but it kept growing. In the end she had $1,192.50 from 261 donors! I am still shocked at the outpouring of love and support we got from people! Oh, and even the Tooth Fairy donated!

I wanted Rowan to know that this was a big deal. I wanted her to feel like she really did something great because, lets face it...SHE DID do something great! I called the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin foundation. They set up a date to come up there and make the donation. They love when kids do these kinds of things so they, also, wanted her to feel great about what she did.
On February 22nd, we went to the hospital. They gave all 4 kids t-shirts. They had the big huge cardboard check, that Rowan even got to sign, and they took LOTS of pictures!! It was fun. They asked Rowan lots of questions, and told her how proud they all were. It was fun, and even though Rowan got shy she really enjoyed it!
Way to go baby girl!! I hope you will always have such a joyful, caring & tender heart!!!! I love you to the moon and back!
No comments:
Post a Comment